AGED CARE TRANSITION TO PRACTICE PROGRAMS FOR ORGANISATIONS
Aged and Community Care Providers Association (ACCPA) is the national Industry Association for aged care providers offering retirement living, seniors housing, residential care, home care, community care and related services.
This Aged Care Nurse Transition to Practice Programs are facilitated by ACCPA on behalf of partner Aged Care Providers.
The Aged and Community Care Sector is one of the fastest growing and rapidly developing industries in Australia, providing secure employment opportunities with structured career pathways. Attraction to the industry and workforce shortages can be a real challenge at times. Recognising the importance of investing in the future of the industry and the need to develop first class clinicians and leaders, the ACCPA Transition to Practice Programs provide Organisations with 3 cohorts of nurse applicants:
- Graduate Registered Nurse (<2 years, first year of practice)
- Graduate Enrolled Nurse (<2 years, first year of practice)
- Transitioning Registered Nurses (>2 years, first year of practice in Aged and Community)
|Graduate Registered Nurse
(<2 years, first year of practice)
|This innovative 12-month program provides guidance to Graduate Registered Nurses in their first year of clinical practice through mentorship, on-line professional development sessions presented by expert clinicians and portfolio development.
The aim of this program is to ensure graduated nurses become confident, safe, competent, and professional practitioners within the organisation and choose to stay working within the Sector.
|Graduate Enrolled Nurse
(<2 years, first year of practice)
|This innovative 12-month program provides guidance to Graduate Enrolled Nurses in their first year of clinical practice through mentorship, on-line professional development sessions presented by expert clinicians and portfolio development.
The aim of this program is to ensure graduated enrolled nurses receive the support and education they require as they enter the workforce.
|Transitioning Registered Nurses
(>2 years, first year of practice in Aged and Community)
|This innovative 6-month program recognises prior knowledge and experience and provides support to Transitioning Registered Nurses as they enter clinical practice in the aged care sector. Participants will undertake a mix of set professional development activities as well as selecting electives.
The program would be ideal for Registered Nurses wanting to take on additional leadership responsibilities eg: Clinical Nurse Managers, Facility Manager.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Aged Care Organisations
Aged care organisations actively participate in the Transition to Practice Programs by:
- Promoting the programs
- Interviewing and recruiting right-fit graduates to participate in the program
- Identifying experienced Registered Nurses to mentor, guide, and support the transition nurses from the start to the completion of the programs
- Preparing the workplace for new nurses to enter
- Ensuring participating nurses are available to attend professional development sessions
- Supporting on the job learning and development through the creation and implementation of individual support plans and clinical assessment.
- Attending national reference group meetings.
ACCPA’s Coordination Role
As coordinator, ACCPA has an overall role in directing the program, including:
- Facilitation of the ACCPA Transition to Practice Reference Group
- Recruitment of applicants and be the conduit between organisations and nurses wanting to work in the industry via the ACCPA Workforce Hub.
- Design, develop and deliver a robust, contemporaneous online program.
- Provision of experienced Nurse Educators who are responsible for participant and organisation engagement and content delivery experts.
- Supporting mentors through training and networking opportunities
- Organising Induction and Community of Practice forums for participants
- Programming and building the learning management system, Moodle as a warehouse for resources and learning assessments.
- Keeping in regular contact with the graduates, mentors, and organisations throughout the program.
2023 ORGANISATION INFORMATION SESSIONS (ALL STATES AND TERRITORIES)
|2023||Organisation Information Session – Aged Care Transition to Practice Program|
|Nov||Monday 27 November 2023 @ 14:00 AEDT|
|Dec||Wednesday 13 December 2023 @ 14:00 AEDT|
ORGANISATION EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
(OPEN TO ALL STATES AND TERRITORIES)
For organisations across all States and Territories that would like to express an interest in participating, please complete the Expression of Interest form. Please note this is not as commitment but helps us to plan.
|Intake 1 – Commences 26 February 2024||
|Intake 2 – Commences 27 May 2024||
|Intake 3 – Commences 26 August 2024||
To register your interest, click the ‘express your interest now’ button.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Bronwyn Doyle RN
Program Leader, Aged Care Transition to Practice Programs
Aged & Community Care Providers Association Ltd
m: 0428427939 d: (07) 3472 9700 p: 1300 222 721
For additional information, including fee structure, please download the Program Prospectus:
REGISTRATION VIDEO GUIDE
ACCPA’s Aged Care Transition to Practice Program received funding from the Australian Government Department of Health.